Unique Mountain Accommodation
The foundation members of our club donated time, skills and resources to build a lodge that would stand the rigours of the harsh conditions found on the mountain. The result of their efforts is a two storey, "Lockwood style" building located to the left and just below the top of the Rock Garden chair lift on the Whakapapa ski field.
Our Whakapapa accommodation on the mountain sits in a commanding position over a valley, nestled between Skippers Canyon and the main ski trail it provides great opportunities for people watching from the balcony, against the backdrop of beautiful Mt Ngauruhoe and Tongariro. A stay at this lodge is truly an experience that few forget.
The lodge has many unique characteristics, as you will see when you visit. The Pinnacle Ski Club encourages its members to enjoy each other's company, so the lodge is fitted out with a range of communal activities and television is not available.
Our lodge accommodation is located on the Whakapapa Ski Field, positioned just below the top of the Rock Garden Chair lift. When the ski lifts are operating, it is just a 2 minute walk down from the chairlift or it is a 20 minute walk up from the Top-of-the-Bruce. During the ski season the lodge is surrounded by snow, allowing members the luxury of 'ski in - ski out' access.
One of New Zealand’s largest ski fields, Whakapapa has a great variety of challenging trails suitable for a range of ability levels. The majority of the 67 named runs on this ski field are geared towards intermediate skiers, with about and 25% of the runs considered advanced. There are several trails for beginners, as well as the large ‘Happy Valley’ area which is separate from the ski field. Our Whakapapa accommodation is also a great place to visit in summer, with guided Crater Lake walks available around the mountain.
For more information on our accommodation on the mountain or in Ohakune Alpine Village, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 021 0236 8262.
Some of the Features offered at this lodge includes
- Comfortable bunkrooms with duvets and blankets
- Modern, well-designed bathroom facilities
- Cook to provide catering in the winter season
- Fabulous views that have to be seen
- A well stocked library for those bad weather days
- Ski out the door down to the chair lifts.
- Ability to ski back to the lodge for lunch & at the end of the day.
- Lockers are available to members to store personal items and equipment
- Ski workshop with tuning & waxing facilities
- Automatic washing machine for personal washing
- A well equipped kitchen with a commercial dishwasher
- Table tennis table available to keep the kids entertained
- Efficient drying room
The club offers much more. Come and have a look!